Chuck’s Top 50 Rules for a Successful and Meaningful Life
- Maintain your priorities: God, Health, Family, Career
- Always have a plan.
- Know where you are going.
- Stay focused on the big picture.
- Maintain your situational awareness.
- Keep it simple.
- Stay focused on what’s really important.
- Focus on what you can control and not what you can’t.
- When you lead, lead from the front.
- Have confidence in yourself and your abilities.
- Never follow the crowd. Be your own person.
- Always do your best and don’t worry about the consequences.
- Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration and victory. (Patton)
- Control your own destiny or someone else will.
- Form your own opinions.
- Stay true to yourself and your values.
- Follow your heart – Have and live your own dreams.
- You are responsible for your own happiness.
- If you need help, ask for it.
- Remember those who helped you.
- If something is too good to be true; it probably is.
- Never, ever, ever jeopardize your integrity.
- Stick with your instincts. They’re usually right.
- Don’t worry about what others think of you.
- Don’t try to please everyone.
- Don’t confuse activity with productivity.
- Be a mentor.
- Stay humble.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Be open to and embrace change.
- Write it down. Keep a journal.
- Don’t wait for tomorrow. Do it today.
- Invest in yourself. Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
- Do not make excuses. Accept responsibility.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Lighten up.
- Never stop learning. Strive to learn something new every day.
- Do something every day that pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- Take calculated risks.
- Maintain a work-life balance.
- Remember the past, but Move Forward and focus on the future.
- Ask for what you want.
- Do not be afraid to be alone.
- Hug a loved one every day.
- Remember where you came from.
- Never give up. You are not beaten until you admit it.
- Failure is an event, not a person. (Ziglar)
- Do more than what is expected. (Patton)
- Be happy and maintain a positive outlook.
- Take the time to reflect on your past, present and especially the future.
- Celebrate your victories.
goals mindfulness life success